Injured on an Oil Rig or Drilling Platform Near Baton Rouge?
Call a Baton Rouge Oil Rig Injury Lawyer for a Free Consultation
The oil industry can be one of the most dangerous industries in the world, when corporate negligence creates unsafe working conditions. When an accident happens, catastrophic personal injuries and wrongful death often result. A recent incident near Vermilion Bay has brought attention to how procedures and employers may fail to keep workers safe. Many of these incidents fall under workers compensation or maritime law. However, if you sustain oil rig accident injuries, then you need an experienced legal partner who understands the business.
Co-founder and attorney Rusty Galloway not only has experience protecting oil workers, but for years he also worked on them himself. Due to his direct experience, he can investigate whether negligence or violations of standard operating procedure led to injuries or wrongful deaths. Our law firm has helped thousands of people fight for justice after accidents. When you call for a free consultation, you can trust our unique knowledge of the field, proven record of success and aggressive representation in your oil rig injury case.
What Are Common Causes of Oil Rig Injuries in Baton Rouge?
Even if you were not involved in a fire such as the one on the Shell Enchilada platform, you should be aware of all the possible causes of oil rig accidents. Usually, these types of accidents result from employer negligence, although other parties may be to blame. Common causes of oil rig accidents in the Gulf near Baton Rouge include:
- Machinery Defects: When working with heavy equipment and machinery, risk is always involved. However, if the accident is due to employer negligence or a manufacturing error, then you may be eligible to recover compensation from the damages.
- Environmental Hazards: An unpredictable open ocean and irregular weather are dangerous factors. However, there are regulations and precautions to follow to keep employees safe. If an accident happens because these precautions were ignored, then the oil company may be liable.
- Dangerous Chemicals: Handling oil requires the use of hazardous chemicals that can lead to burns, dangerous chemical reactions, or an impaired state of mind that can lead to further bodily harm. The liable party may include the employer, the manufacturer of the chemicals, or other employees who may have mishandled the chemicals.
With the help of an experienced legal advisor, you can hold the negligent parties accountable for your losses. Together, we will help you recover damages lost in the accident as well as preventing future accidents from occurring. Trust a legal team with actual Oil Rig Industry experience to know how to approach any scenario.
What Are Common Injuries from Baton Rouge Oil Rig Accidents?
Accidents that occur on an oil rig can range from minor inconveniences to unnecessary death. No matter what the case, our legal team will perform a thorough investigation and determine liability to assist in recovering what you lost. Some injuries will require major recovery time and may prevent the victim for returning to work. A Baton Rouge oil rig injury will seek to recover the fair and appropriate compensation. We have experience representing victims of:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Broken Bones
- Serious Lacerations
- Amputations or Loss of Limbs
- Cardiovascular Damage
- Wrongful Death
If you or a loved one experienced any of these injuries while working on an oil rig or drilling platform, then we can help. Contact our oil rig accident attorneys for a consultation.
Hurt? Call a Baton Rouge Oil Rig Injury Lawyer
If you recently sustained injuries in an oil rig accident, then turn to an attorney who knows the industry and who will work for your benefit. With our law firm, you will be able to rest assured knowing that your situation will be understood. Call our office at (337) 984-8020 today for a free consultation.