What Are the Different Types of Visas?

If you are entering the United States, there are two different types of visas you may obtain. A non-immigrant visa allows you to remain in the country for a short term before returning to your home county. On the other hand, an immigrant visa allows you to remain longer and may lead to a residency case for permanent immigrant status. In this video, watch attorney Holly Lamarche explain the difference between these types of visas, and discuss your options if your residency case is denied.

Video Transcription

There’s two types of work visas you can get a non-immigrant or an immigrant. A non-immigrant is when you’re coming for a seasonal or temporary status. Usually those locally those tend to be rice workers, crawfish farmers, horse farmers, where they come in for a specific amount of time, usually 9 to 10 months, and then they’re required to return back to their country in order for the visa to be legitimate. An immigrant visa when you come over for a work visa. Those are jobs where you’re coming to get a job as a doctor or a professor in the local university. A motion to reopen or to reconsider is essentially when you are given a denial in some sort of residency case. For example, if you’re doing adjustment of status and the client’s granted a denial, you have 30 days for them to either present more evidence or for them to reopen the case and reconsider it. They do not really do appeals, what they say is you have 30 days to present new evidence so that the case can be the status can be changed. For a free consultation call us. Para una consulta gratis llame nosotros.